This qualification gives learners the knowledge and skills to work with individuals and groups of clients in a personal training setting.
Learners must hold a suitable Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) qualification or equivalent.
The learner must complete:
• Unit 1: Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015).
• Unit 2: Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016).
• Unit 3: Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017).
• Unit 4: Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health (A/600/9051).
• Unit 5: Programming personal training with clients (F/600/9052).
• Unit 6: Delivering personal training sessions (J/600/9053).
• Unit 7: Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme (L/600/9054).
This qualification is assessed by: • Coursework. • Multiple-choice exam. • Portfolio of evidence. • Practical demonstration/assignment.